We believe that the transition to a more sustainable economy is closely linked to the transition to a more equitable society.
Equity, diversity & inclusion are critical to our own organisational excellence, to the success of the companies in which we invest, and in creating opportunity in the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to using the tools we have as investors to address discrimination and inequity.
- We invest in companies that are well positioned to benefit from the transition to a more sustainable economy, including companies that are leaders on human capital issues such as equity, diversity, and inclusion. Impax is a pioneer in gender lens investing.
- We withhold votes from companies that we believe lack sufficient diversity on their boards.
- We engage with the companies in our investment portfolios to press for greater diversity on their leadership teams and equal pay for all staff irrespective of gender or race.
- Our equity, diversity and inclusion (E,D&I) vision is to continue to build an inclusive, equitable culture where everyone feels they belong, are valued as an individual, and can thrive.
- We remain focused on increasing the number of women and racial and ethnic minorities, especially at senior levels, and to equal pay across the firm.
- Our priorities include:
- Setting goals and providing tools for managers to promote accountability for E,D&I progress.
- Extending the potential talent pool in recruitment and engaging with recruiters with a strong track record when it comes to diversity.
- Gathering data directly and confidentially from employees across different facets of diversity and analysing results.
Partnerships and Social Impact
- We partner with organisations focused on E,D&I, spotlighting the unique challenges faced by women and minorities within our industry.
- We offer young people from socially diverse backgrounds the opportunity to work in the investment management space.
- We encourage our colleagues to play an active role in the community – for the benefit of both our business and society.