The small cap equity analyst role is designed to help portfolio managers source, analyze, present and cover investment ideas. We expect this hire will make a positive contribution to both the US Small Cap strategy (Portsmouth, US) and the Specialists strategy (London) through new idea generation, research coverage and assisting with overall portfolio construction duties.
- Conduct thorough investment research to generate new ideas
- Present new ideas for A List approval
- Provide on-going research coverage for A List approved companies
- Find new themes consistent with TSE and Lens principles
- Assist with PRM preparation and administration
- Assist with generating quarterly investment performance review materials
- New idea generation which leads to strong investment performance for both London and US based strategies.
- Provides added depth to team which reassures clients
- Added resource helps both teams cover more ground and become more efficient
- 2-4 years’ analyst experience on either the buy or sell side
- Able to articulate and substantiate interest in sustainability investment
- Team player, highly motivated, with a “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong quantitative and modelling skills
- Finance qualification such as CFA
- Strong presentation skills
- Familiarity with ESG analysis desirable given integration into research process
- Experience/familiarity with small/mid cap security analysis
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future