As Impax continues its significant growth this role has been created to assist the build out of the global middle office within the Portsmouth New Hampshire office. Primarily, the Middle Office Associate will cover trade support, with a focus on improving the Fixed Income support framework and the potential growth of the SMA business. The role will play a significant part in reducing and mitigating operational risk, and assisting with the firms’ internal controls.
Position is as a member of the integrated Global Middle Office team (covering London and New Hampshire), based in Portsmouth, NH.
The Global Middle Office team currently has 9 people, and is forecast to grow by ~50% this year.
- Assist with the global trade support function (fixed income and equity) through to close of business (EST) using Omgeo CTM and Bloomberg Trade Complete, ensuring exceptions are investigated and rectified with brokers and that SSI details and other static data are kept up to date.
- Assist with the administration of the Separately Managed Accounts (“SMA”), including reconciliations, SLA oversight and MI reporting.
- Work closely with the global trading desk to ensure sufficient oversight of broker operations. Keep and present (Best Execution Committee) KPIs on brokers as applicable.
- Oversee the settlement of trades using custodian portals and Bloomberg Failstation, ensuring all trades are settled in the set timeframe. Initiate a project to set up broker fail reporting via Bloomberg Failstation.
- Proactively communicate with brokers and escalate key issues immediately as they arise.
- Ability to manage the fixed income and equity Corporate Action lifecycle. Utilise available data sources to ensure that there is timely communication to the investment team and that the custodians/ book of records accurately reflect elected actions.
- Assist with the oversight of spot FX agency trading and settlement.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant equity and fixed income market accounts are open to trade in a timeframe as required by the investment team, tracking, and communicating with key stakeholders as required.
- Assist and control the operational delivery of relevant new funds, new market openings and share classes. Keep on top of key market changes.
- Ensure that all relevant service providers are delivering in line with their SLA requirements in relation to daily reporting, and helping with the assessment of these entities on a periodic basis.
- Assist with the global external equity research administration, assisting with the calculation/setting of commission rates (collection), consumption tracking, as well as CSA reconciliations.
- Responsible for completing and self-certification of all relevant ISAE 3402 controls; including NAV, position, cash and trade reconciliations. Responding to auditors and internal control in a timely manner.
- Ensure that broker match rates are above 99%
- Move to a 0% failed trade environment in line with tightening European regulations
- Help define a target operating model for Fixed Income support
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and proactively communicate business needs to broader team and departments
- Exhibits functional expertise and technical credibility
- Interacts effectively with others, manages business accounts and relationships
- Manages self, works productively and drives results
- High degree of personal integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards
- Greater than 3 years’ experience in financial services, ideally with a buy side asset manager with Trade Support experience.
- Knowledge of the full trade lifecycle, including experience in trade matching and settlements
- Global securities understanding including equities & fixed income
- Experience of working with Portfolio Management Systems.
- Experience with NAV, position, trade and cash reconciliations
- Corporate action management
- Advanced Excel
- Technical IT skills to complement the role including Bloomberg AIM and particularly Omgeo CTM.
- Fixed Income trade support, including bank/term loans.
- Experience of SMA mandates and the administrative requirements.
- Relevant professional qualification such as the IOC.
- Experience of Fund Accounting
- Ability to liaise and oversee various service providers and vendors
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future