As a direct investor in Pax World Funds and user of TurboTax, you may be able to import certain information directly from your account to TurboTax. Here’s how.
What Information You Can Import:
For non-retirement accounts, you may import Forms 1099-B and 1099-DIV. For Retirement accounts, you may import your 1099-R.
The instructions below will provide the steps to assist you with importing your Pax World Funds tax-related data into TurboTax. Pax World Funds does not support the TurboTax software; for a list of common questions and answers, please refer to TurboTax’s common questions and answers page.
If you have questions about the content of your Pax World Funds tax documents, please contact your financial advisor or call Pax World Shareholder Services at 1(800) 372-7827, Monday – Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM ET.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before importing your tax documents.
How to Import Your Information
Once you receive your Form-1099, have it available to verify the important information and follow these simple steps.
- If you have not already started your TurboTax return, select New Tax Return from the File menu in TurboTax.
- From the File menu select Import and then select From Financial Institution.
- In the box labeled I’m looking for: type Pax World Funds.
- Select Pax World Funds from the scrolling list box and click Continue.
- From the Sign on to Pax World Funds screen:
- Enter your Pax World Funds Account Number (do not include any fund trading symbol or fund number).
- Enter your formatted Social Security Number (or EIN tax payer ID for certain trust accounts) including dashes (e.g., XXX-XX-XXXX format for SSNs or XX-XXXXXXX for EINs).
- Click Continue.
- Your tax forms will appear on the These Documents Are Now Ready for Import screen. To view the details of each document, click View Details to the right of the document. A dialog box will appear detailing the items TurboTax will import; when you are finished reviewing the details, select Close to return to the These Documents Are Now Ready for Import screen.
- Click Import Now to import the selected items into your TurboTax return (a dialog box will appear to let you monitor the status of the download). From the Import Summary screen, select Done.
- Click Continue to begin the TurboTax interview process.
If you have multiple accounts, all related tax form data for your tax ID number should be imported in the above single step.
Terms and Conditions
Pax World Funds does not provide tax advice. Please consult a tax professional for advice specific to your individual circumstances.
Important: Be sure to verify that the imported information matches the information contained in the tax forms provided by Pax World Funds. The tax data provided for the import is an additional service and there is no guarantee that it is sufficient for tax reporting purposes. Pax World Funds is not liable for your reliance upon or use of the import feature or the data provided through such feature. If you have specific questions regarding the preparation of your tax return, contact your tax advisor, the IRS, or the state(s) to which you report.
It is important to understand that the tax information imported into TurboTax products may not be all of the information required for you to properly complete the investment income portion of your federal and/or state tax return. It is essential that you complete the TurboTax Interview and/or Review processes in their entireties to ensure that all imported information is correctly reported to the IRS and/or the state(s) to which you report.
The use of the TurboTax branded tax preparation software and web-based products is governed by Intuit’s applicable license agreements. Intuit, the Intuit logo, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries and are used with permission. Intuit is not affiliated with Pax World Funds. Intuit is solely responsible for the information, content and software products provided by Intuit. Pax World Funds cannot guarantee that the information and content supplied is accurate, complete, or timely, or that the software products provided produce accurate and/or complete results. Pax World Funds does not make any warranties with regard to the information, content or software products or the results obtained by their use. Pax World Funds disclaims any liability arising out of your use (or the results obtained from, interpretations made as a result of, or any tax position taken in reliance on information provided pursuant to, your use) of these Intuit software products or the information or content furnished by Intuit.