Impax views inequality is one of most critical issues facing the global community. We have long believed that achieving equality is both a moral and economic imperative and underpinning the transition to the next economy. Well over a decade of research demonstrates more diverse companies outperform less diverse companies.
The internship entails gender-related data analysis for consideration in the portfolio construction of Impax’s systematic gender lens strategy and related company engagement:
- Collect data on gender-related metrics and targets across a universe of companies.
- Analysis of the data set of gender-related metrics and report on country, regional and sector differences.
- Identify potential gender-related follow-on company engagements (letters/emails).
- Collect data on gender-related metrics and targets.
- Analyze gender-related data set by country, region and sector.
- Identify potential gender-related company engagements; draft emails/letters as needed.
- Attending and contributing to the Listed Equities and ESG/Sustainability teams’ on-going meetings.
- Understanding of sustainability and ESG issues; familiarity with gender-lens investing preferred.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills from a data and sustainability perspective
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Communication and presentation skills
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future