The role of the Manager of Finance & Accounting is to work directly for the Director of Finance with a focus on general ledger accounting, revenue accounting, financial statement preparation and analysis, budgeting and FP&A activities within the finance and accounting functions of the US businesses. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of related experience in accounting, FP&A, or a combination of both, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel, experience with ERP and budgeting systems and a strong attention to detail.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structures for the US businesses including integration with global financial structures.
- Coordinate the monthly close process in partnership with the Director of Finance as well as the London Finance team to deliver accurate and timely US financial data to meet local and global financial reporting requirements.
- Draft and reconcile monthly financial statement package and internal management reports, including review of periodic GL postings for accuracy.
- Monthly balance sheet management including but not limited to reconciliation and analysis of accrued expenses, capital leases, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare detailed operating expense annual budgets for assigned cost centres, in close partnership with department heads. Extend the budget collaboration throughout the year by tracking expenses against budget, maintaining ongoing communication with department heads and providing quarterly cost centre reporting and review, and updating rolling forecasts to capture revised estimated throughout the fiscal year.
- Support the Director of Finance and global finance team in the development, production, and reconciliation (including data investigation and maintenance) of global budget reports within Adaptive Planning software.
- Provide or support the general oversight and maintenance to the US elements of global finance systems.
- Hands-on management of monthly billing and revenue recognition, including new client onboarding.
- Provide oversight and review to accounts payable bookings.
- Support annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Support global finance integration initiatives as well as various ad hoc projects to drive continuous improvement in finance and accounting activities that support firm-wide growth.
- 5-7 years of related accounting experience
- B.S. in Accounting and/or Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system a plus
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning budget software a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting
- Knowledge of IRFS reporting a plus
- High integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player
- Technical / business knowledge – Develops and applies in-depth knowledge of own area, recognized by other departments. Creative approach to problem solving
- Risk and Business Awareness – Actively highlights risks, identifying and managing until resolution. Applies cost effective, pragmatic solutions.
- Communication – Can explain complex processes in a simple clear fashion. Is effective listener and translator for business stakeholders.
- Team Player – Works collaboratively with colleagues and shares knowledge. Contributes to wider unit. Easily delivers and receives constructive feedback. Enthusiastic, self-starting with a positive outlook
- Innovation – Encourages others to think innovatively about improving performance. Effectively implements change.
- Client Service – Anticipates and focuses on exceeding client needs. Actively assesses costs involved with projects against the value to be delivered to the Company at their successful completion.
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future