The Junior Support Trader position plays an important role in supporting the Global Trading Desk. As a member of the Global Trading Desk team, you will support and participate in all facets of the equity trading and reporting process. This position offers the opportunity for professional growth into a junior trading role. Reports to the Director, Equity Trading.
- Generating weekly and periodic Transaction Cost Analysis and other reports
- Daily front line monitoring at firm, strategy, account level
- Maintaining and updating procedures and documentation relating to trading performance and regulatory requirements
- Liaising with internal and external parties to help resolve any trade related queries or issues
- Assist with broker review meetings (gather documents, generate reports, arrange and manage monthly, quarterly, annual meetings)
- Assist in report production for submission to the Best Execution Committee (BEC)
- Maintain broker details (i.e. broker connectivity, Smart Order Routing logic, best execution policies, etc).
- Manage the RTS 28 and other regulatory process requirements.
- Monitor appropriate liquidity partners, new liquidity avenues, market developments.
- Attend and report back on industry events.
- Coordinate and minute trading meetings; keep track of action points.
- Organize and summarize market structure meetings.
- To be trained up over time as a back up to the trading desk as required and in accordance with the trading desk policy and procedures.
- Identification and investigation of relevant price movements and news flow for the benefit of fund managers.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the order management system (OMS) and execution management system (EMS).
- Assist with booking and managing trade related tasks within the OMS/EMS.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of market structure, execution tools, algorithmic nuances, and execution venues.
- Understand the regulatory environment and how this impacts on the firm’s best execution obligations under MiFID II.
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate policies, procedures, and practices in line with regulation, compliance and BEC.
- Contribute to ad-hoc trading meetings and projects in the development of systems, concepts and inputs into execution decision making and improvement.
|Experience||0-2 years of work experience in the financial services industry.
Educational background in numerical discipline.
Knowledge and interest of financial markets.
|Skills||Good understanding of Excel.
Pro-active and self-motivated with ability to work as part of a team.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to identify areas for improvement.
Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Collegial and collaborative.
High degree of personal integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards.
Potential requirement to move to London, England in the future.
Impax Asset Management:
Impax Asset Management LLC is the North American division of Impax Asset Management Group and investment adviser to Pax World Funds. Impax is a specialist asset manager with approximately $34.5 billion in both listed and real asset strategies that focuses on the risks and opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy. Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges and that these trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt. The firm offers a suite of sustainable investment solutions across multiple asset classes, all of which seek to invest in the transition to a more sustainable economy. Impax Asset Management LLC launched the first sustainable mutual fund in the United States in 1971.
The firm is headquartered in London, England with offices on both coasts of the United States (Portsmouth, NH, Greenwich, CT, and Portland, OR) as well as Hong Kong and Dublin, Ireland.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future