Provide essential back up and support to the Senior Fixed Income Trader as well as providing general support for the Fixed Income investment management team.
Reporting to the Senior Fixed Income Trader, the position is designed to provide the opportunity to gain exposure to and contribute to important areas of investment management, initially focused on fixed income trading and general support for the Fixed Income investment management team, across 3 Fixed Income Strategies with approximately $1.7 billion in AUM. The incumbent must be able to handle complex tasks, communicate effectively, expedite real-time information clearly, be comfortable with phone dialogue and successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be flexible as priorities change and be willing to handle ad-hoc requests from various team members. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills, an obvious passion for financial markets and be comfortable speaking up. She or he must be able to attend to day-to-day details while maintaining a strategic, analytical focus.
- Serve as back-up/assistant Fixed Income trader supporting both the Impax High Yield and Core Bond strategies as well as separate accounts.
- Work with New Hampshire and London based middle office colleagues in all aspects of trade support and operations
- Ensure compliance with established regulatory, compliance and operational procedures
- Support all aspects of the Fixed Income strategies, including:
• Coordination of pre-trade authorization workflows.
• Assistance with primary and secondary trading procedures, including the coordination of new deal inquiry and information flow.
• Aid in the over-the-phone and electronic dialogue between PM teams and sell-side trading desks.
• Responsible for existing passive electronic venue execution with an emphasis on building upon current processes to improve workflows and outcomes.
• Monitor and organize all aspects of the trade life-cycle. This will include a special attention to detail and ability to solve problems independently.
• Assistance with trade settlement and corporate actions as needed.
• Liaison with outside vendors & custodians.
- Undertake special projects under the direction of the Fixed Income Trader, Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
- Contribute to Impax’s collaborative investment culture by participating in meetings and sharing views with Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Develop and establish second trader for fixed income team.
- Allow for full separation of portfolio management and trading functions in fixed income.
- Deeper support for fixed income team.
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Some prior related experience (0– 3 years) in financial analysis or securities trading preferred, specifically in the Fixed Income markets desirable.
- Superior interpersonal skills, most notably the ability to exchange information clearly and to-the-point.
- Outgoing personality, team player, passion for excellence, willingness to go above and beyond.
- Strong analytical and technical skills including robust Excel experience
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Trade Order Management System a plus
- Ability to understand risks and react accordingly, adaptable to change
- Ability to handle stress and make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future