The availability of sustainability related data is ever increasing and requires constant review to be leaders in identifying the most meaningful variables from an investment perspective. The intern in this role will work alongside a systematic portfolio manager and use quantitative tools and systems to explore a selection of these inputs and evaluate their usefulness in specific investment universes.
The participant will be required to recommend additional data fields for potential inclusion in some of Systematic ESG tools. Focal subject of research will be determined by intern and manager based on intersection of needs and interest, but options include remuneration/governance, waste/recycling or social issues.
- Explore data availability (coverage, history, relevance) in Bloomberg
- Connect with Sustainability Research experts on appropriateness of selected factors
- Gather dataset and load into research system
- Analyze data items within Factset, using different methods and within different universes
- Compile a power point of your analysis including any recommendations for incorporation into investment decisions
- Basic knowledge of statistics and what makes an appropriate and significant dataset
- Prior coursework in computer science or data science a bonus, but not required
- Knowledge of Bloomberg or Factset and Excel would be beneficial
- Interest in sustainability related issues
- Interest in quantitative analysis
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to identify areas for improvement
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Founded in 1998, Impax is a specialist asset manager investing in the opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy.
Impax believes that capital markets will be shaped profoundly by global sustainability challenges, including climate change, pollution and essential investments in human capital, infrastructure and resource efficiency. These trends will drive growth for well-positioned companies and create risks for those unable or unwilling to adapt.
Impax offers a well-rounded suite of investment solutions spanning multiple asset classes seeking superior risk-adjusted returns over the medium to long term. Impax manages funds and accounts in five areas: actively managed long-only equity, fixed income, systematic equities, multi asset, and new energy infrastructure.
Impax has six offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland and Hong Kong, and with more than $50 billion in assets under management and advice has one of the investment management sector’s largest investment teams dedicated to sustainable development.
We are committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. We prioritise goals in equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For further details, please visit our website: www.impaxam.com
Values Focus/Aligned Attributes:
- Be the solution
- Passion for excellence
- All voices heard
- Doing better together
- Building a common Future