ESG has become shorthand for investment methodologies that embrace ESG or sustainability factors as a means of helping to identify companies with superior business models.
ESG factors offer portfolio managers added insight into the quality of a company’s management, culture, risk profile and other characteristics. By adding this increased level of scrutiny associated with ESG analysis, we seek to identify companies that:
- Are leaders in their industries
- Are better managed and are more forward-thinking
- Are better at anticipating and mitigating risk
- Meet positive standards of corporate responsibility
- Are focused on the long term