Companies are rated by the Impax Gender Analytics Team based on multiple factors including:
- representation of women on the board of directors
- representation of women in executive management
- hiring, promotion, retention of women
- gender pay equity
- proactive gender goals and targets
- signatory to the Women’s Empowerment Principles2
- transparency about gender diversity data
The Index comprises companies that also meet certain environmental, social and governance (ESG) or sustainability standards, as rated by MSCI ESG Research, and excludes weapons and tobacco companies. MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the ESG-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide.
We believe the 400-450 companies that emerge from this research and selection process are the best companies in the world when it comes to advancing gender diversity and equity.
1 One cannot invest directly in an index.
2 A joint initiative of the UN Global Compact and UN Women