Ashden champions practical, local energy solutions that cut greenhouse gas emissions, protect the environment, reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. We have just begun our seventh year of partnership with Ashden and are proud supporters of the Impax Ashden Award for Energy Innovation. Every year several of our staff are involved in the evaluation and judging of the award submissions, as well as ongoing mentoring and support work with previous award winners. Ian Simm also sits on the Ashden judging panel for the Liveable Cities awards.
Since 2016, Impax has supported ClientEarth, a nonprofit environmental law organization that uses the power of the law to protect people and the planet. ClientEarth is well known for its stand against the UK government on urban air pollution and, more recently, for their work with the European Commission to reduce single use plastics through the implementation of taxes.
Impax is also a member of organizations focused on the investment management industry, where we work collaboratively with peers to support the expansion of sustainable finance.
We are members of (or signatories to):
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI): Aims to help investors integrate ESG considerations into investment decision-making and supports sharing best practices in active ownership.
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC): A forum for collaboration on climate change for European investors.
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR): Partners with investors worldwide to advance investment opportunities and reduce material risks posed by sustainability challenges such as global climate change and water scarcity.
- The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP): An independent organization holding the largest database of corporate climate change information in the world.
- Council of Institutional Investors (CII): Promoting strong governance and shareholder rights standards at public companies.
- UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association (UKSIF): Provides services and opportunities to align investment profitability with social and environmental responsibility.
- USSIF: A U.S. based membership association promoting sustainable, responsible and impact investment.
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN): The largest global community of impact investors (asset owners and asset managers) and service providers engaged in impact investing.
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD): Develops voluntary, consistent climate-related financial risk disclosures for companies providing information to investors, lenders, insurers and other stakeholders.
- The UK Stewardship Code: Aims to enhance the quality of engagement among institutional investors and companies to help improve long-term returns to shareholders and the efficient exercise of governance responsibilities.
- PRI Sustainable Stock Exchanges Working Group: A peer-to-peer learning platform for investors, regulators and companies. Looking at enhancing corporate transparency, and ultimately performance, on ESG risks and encouraging sustainable investment.
- ACGA: Focuses on collaborative engagement with companies and policymakers to improve governance structures and practices in Asia.
- A Just Transition: Looking at challenges faced when moving to a more sustainable economy and why investors need to integrate a social dimension into their climate strategies.
Pax World Funds Memberships/Partnerships
Through Pax World Funds, we also partner with numerous organizations to promote gender equality, address climate change and advance the field of sustainable investing.
- Ceres: A nonprofit sustainability organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy.
- Thirty Percent Coalition: A unique and groundbreaking national organization committed to having women, including women of color, hold 30 percent of board seats across public companies.
- Women’s Empowerment Principles: The UN Women’s Empowerment Principles are a set of practical guidelines that businesses can use to promote gender equality in the workplace and the community.
- Climate Action 100+: An investor-led initiative aimed at encouraging the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters to improve governance on climate change, emissions and climate-related financial disclosures.
- ShareAction Investor Decarbonization Initiative: A collaborative, global initiative working to massively increase demand for — and delivery of — renewable energy.